Named Views 28.1
1. Choose View, Named Views...
2. Click the Named View icon from the View toolbar.
3. Type DDVIEW at the command prompt.
4. Choose the NEW button.
5. Type a view name.
6. Choose Current display or Define Window.
Typing the View Command 1. Type View at the command prompt. Command: -VIEW 2. Type One of the following view options: ?/Delete/Restore/Save/Window:
? Lists the named views for this drawing
Delete Deletes the named view
Restore Displays the specified view
Save Attaches a name to the current view of the drawing
Window Attaches a name to specified window
Plotting Named Views
1. Choose View, Viewports, New Viewports...
2. Choose one of the viewports configurations
3. Click OK.
4. Click once in each vport to make it active.
5. Type a ZOOM option in each viewport.
New Name Gives a name to a viewport Restore
Restores an original viewport
Delete DEL deletes a viewport
Join Joins two viewports together
SIngle Creates on viewport in the drawing
TIPS: Viewports can be named and restored later. AutoCAD plots only the current vport.