Mark your guests’ seats with these stylish, standing messenger birds. Or, for a more casual occasion, arrange the birds as buffet labels. Choose a contrasting color for the place cards, and label each one using your best handwriting.
FIG. 11. Crease according to the dotted line in Fig. 1.
FIG. 22. Fold the left and right sides to the center, according to the dotted lines in Fig. 2.
3. Mountain fold the top white triangle back, according to the dotted line in Fig. 3.
4. Crease the top left and right corners to meet in the center. Next, crease as a mountain fold according to those same dotted lines in Fig. 4.
FIG. 66. Now bring the top point to the center point as indicated in Fig. 6. Flatten.
7. Your paper should now look like Fig. 7. Repeat Steps 5 and 6, this time on the right side.
8. Your paper should now look like Fig. 8.
9. Mountain fold the left and right flaps up, according to the dotted lines in Fig. 9. Flip paper over.
10. Pleat fold the tail. Refer to Fig. 10. Flip paper over.
11. Mountain fold down the center. Refer to Fig. 11. Rotate paper 90 degrees to the right.
12. Crease according to the dotted line, and make a reverse fold for the beak. Refer to Fig. 12.
13. Make a small cut down the center of the beak, according to the dotted line, to hold your place card. Refer to Fig. 13.
14. Tuck a place card in the beak. The bird should be able to stand on its own. Refer to Fig. 14. If it’s a little wobbly, readjust the feet and tail. Make sure the feet are flat on the ground while the bottom of the tail touches the ground.
Tags: Sonobe Varitions
Trackback from your site.