The models in this chapter utilize a template. Use paper of the same size for the template and the units. Four-inch squares will yield finished models about 4" in height. The template will also be created using origami methods. The use of a template will not only expedite the folding process but it will also reduce unwanted creases on a unit, mak- ing the finished model look neater.
Making a Template
1. Fold into thirds following the number sequence.
2. Valley fold top layer only.
3. Pull bottom flap out to the top.
4. Valley fold top layer only.
5. Mountain fold at center.
6. Fold as shown.
7. Turn over and repeat.
8. Open mountain fold from Step 5.